To our Clients and Business Partners,
As many of you know by now, Governor Kate Brown enacted a “Stay Home, Save Lives” Executive Order (NO.20-12), which officially took effect as of 12:01am on March 24, 2020. This order requires individuals to remain at their home or place of residence as much as possible, to maintain social distancing and reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Certain retail businesses are also prohibited from operating, however, per Governor Brown’s official News Release dated March 23, 2020, Construction is defined as a non-retail business. This exception allows us to continue to deliver our vital services to you, our customers.
Our #1 goal is to keep our clients, our employees and our community safe, so as reinforced by this order, Charter continues to implement important safety measures.
The following is a summary of our protocols:
- Maintain 6 feet distance between people as much as possible
- Wear personal protection equipment when on the job
- Wash and sanitize hands regularly
- Sanitize equipment regularly
- Sanitize work spaces regularly
- When interior work is required, sanitize with disinfecting wipes on our way in and out (door handles, horizontal surfaces, materials, etc.)
- Limit face-to-face meetings with clients, business partners, and co-workers by utilizing teleconferencing and virtual meeting platforms
- Telework if feasible
- Practice social distancing when employees are at the office
- Stay home if you are sick
In addition, there will be “site-specific” measures that are important on every project.
Every day we continue to monitor the information being provided by our local government agencies and we will continue to react quickly and responsibly as new information is provided. If you have a question regarding your current project with Charter, please call your Charter contact immediately so that we can answer it.
I continue to be humbled by everyone’s composure during this difficult time.
Stay healthy and be safe!
Very Truly Yours,
Eric Jackson, President & the Charter Leadership Team